Mommy: Yes, Carter I'm good. Are you ok?
Carter: Hmmm, Carter okay. Okay?
Mommy: Yes, that's okay. I'm glad your okay.
Carter: Okay.
Carter sitting 3 inches from me: Mommaaay! Mommmmmay! Mommmayyyyyyyy!
Mommy: Yes, Cubby.
Carter: I lub you soooooo much.
Mommy: (Eyes well up) Carter, I love you soooo much too.
Carter: Mommy, you sad?
Mommy: No, I'm happy, cause you love me.
Carter: Don't be scared of the lawn mower. It's okay.
Mommy: I'm not scared, I'm happy.
Carter looks at me so confused, but gives up, running off to play. Tears and happiness don't go together in his little mind yet.
Carter: Drive fast, there's a tiger coming!
Carter: Mommy I frownd up all over. (This after he littered Grandpa and Grandmas porch with projectile vomit.
Mommy: Your okay now, let's take a bath.
Carter doesn't say anything until we are leaving 20 minutes later. Then as we walk out to the porch . . .
Carter: Where frowd up go?
Mommy: Pappa cleaned it up, all gone. It's ok.
Carter: Where frowd up go?
Mommy: All gone.
Carter: You frowd up?
Mommy: No, but almost. (Really - ALMOST)



1 comment:
Dad-isms:
-Jeff, Renee, Carter and Camden leave after Carter is cleaned up and the drive-way is cleaned up.
Kari: I think I'll have some apple pie.
Dad: Oh speaking of which, did Carter have some?
Mom: I don't know... Why?
Dad: Well it sure looked like it.....
-Kari puts apple pie back in the fridge untouched.
Post a Comment