Saturday, October 25, 2008

Things I learned this week. . . .

Monday - You can love a newborn instantly. (Ellie Jade is a much welcomed addition to the Shepherd family.)

Tuesday - Children keep you honest, like when Carter asks what I'm eating and I say, "nothing" to which he replies, "no, mommy, that's a treat! and I want some!" (He was right, it was a TootsieRoll.)

Wednesday -  I am taller than I think. When I put an iron on the top shelf in the laundry room, I shouldn't assume other people will be able to stop it as it careens toward their head.
(This applies to the sweet girl that cleans our house, and now has 5 stitches in her eyebrow from the stupid iron that fell from the shelf)

Thursday - Urgent Care is expensive. (See above)

Friday - Jobs are pointless if all you do all day is think about being with your kids. (That's why I don't have one anymore.)

Saturday - My boys are my life. (Nothing like minor surgery to get you thinking)

1 comment:

Shanda and Loren said...

thanks for the Unky Lorens awesome birthday card!! he loved it!! miss you guys tons!!