Camden,
A picture from 6:42 pm, the exact time you were born 1 year ago.
Your first taste of cake.
Little Camarones,
This is what Poppa calls you. Somewhat of an oxymoron considering camarones means, "shrimp" which you are not. Especially today when you turn a whole year old. You almost have the hang of walking and you crawl like a mad man. You can say momma, dadda, kitty, got it and did it. You no longer like "baby" food. But why would you like it, your not a baby anymore. You want what we have on our plates and so I try to make your meal look just like Carters. You sit up to the table like such a big boy and laugh with Carter while you munch on bananas, mandarin oranges, crackers, goldfish, just some of your favorites. It isn't too hard to please you.
One year ago, I was waiting around a hospital room for you to join our little family. After a long day, you came into the world quietly, sleepy and content. A year later you aren't so quiet but you do love to sleep and are content most of the time. This month has proven to be a test of your contentment and normally easy going self. After several ear infections and too much pain, (your ears, my heart) the Dr. has decided you need ear tubes. You will have surgery on October 25th. The ENT we saw explained you hear us as if you had a bucket over your head. I feel guilty for not understanding why you have been frustrated the last month or so. Partially your ears, maybe the 3 new teeth you are getting (totalling 9 now) and then the fact that we sound like we are talking to you under water, I can only imaging how upsetting this is to you.
Even in this present state, you are truly a sweetheart and a joy. You love to be held and cuddled and now give kisses. One year ago, I couldn't imagine being Mommy to 2, now I can't imagine life without you, your kisses and cuddles. I can't wait to watch you grow more in the next year.
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday little Camarones, Happy Birthday to you!
I love you more everyday.
Momma



2 comments:
Happy belated Birthday Camden! Renee, sorry about the tubes. Mallory had those in a yearand a half ago after 9 ear infections. Best thing we ever did though. Hasn't had one since. It is tough on Mommys though during the procedure but it is super fast! I'll be thinking of you guys that day!
Poor baby! I'm glad that he is having surgery to help fix his hearing and get rid of the infections. I also hope all goes well!
Post a Comment