We had our appointment at the hospital yesterday for fetal assessment. First, they hooked me up to a machine that monitors the baby's heartbeat and my contractions. It shows his oxygen levels when he moves, whether they increase or decrease tells the Dr. if Cubby is healthy. He wasn't very active but his heart rate was great and the chart showed I am having contractions every 3 minutes, I don't feel them and they only last about 15 seconds so nothing to be admitted for. Dr. said when the contractions last a bit longer I am pretty much ready to go, I shouldn't be in labor for too long. (Hope she's right.)
Then they did an ultrasound which was great since we haven't had one since week 22. He is all scrunched up, running out of room. The Dr. has to get him to move a lot so she kept buzzing at him with this little tool and when she scanned over his face he was frowning at us like " leave me alone." She said he looks like Jeff. He has Jeff's chin, my nose and a very cute scowl. He also has very cute chubby cheeks. All is very healthy in there she said, he could stay in for another 2 weeks and be perfectly fine. At that moment I think she realized where Cubby got his scowl. I think I shot daggers at her until I remembered they will induce me tomorrow night. I am lucky, if this had been 20 years ago they probably would've just let me be 3 weeks overdue.
Today's schedule:
Sleep
Sleep
Rest
Rest
Go to Dr. at 3:30 for another check.
Come home, rest, sleep, repeat.
6 years ago



1 comment:
Hang in there! We are thinking happy thoughts for you and are very excited for Cubby's arrival! Remember the journey isn't over, it is just beginning :o)
Post a Comment