Monday, November 08, 2010

The (Not so) Lonely Pumpkin

Last year, we carved pumpkins alone. We had just moved into our home in Tucson. We were alone. The 4 of us, but I still felt alone. A hundred of unpacked boxes in a huge house, no one to unpack them except me, a pumpkin purchased at the local “pumpkin patch” (which consisted of about 100 rinky dink pumpkins under a tent in the middle of the desert), pizza, and 2 boys who could care less about said pumpkins.
This year was a little different and a little the same.
Still some boxes left to unpack from our move the month before, 2 happy pumpkins to carve from a “real” pumpkin patch, pizza, still 2 boys that wanted to do anything but carve pumpkins.
The difference: Friends. The sweetest Baby O, Dave, Elise, Dan, Michelle, Kalia, Katie, Jason, Blake, Riley, My Parents, Erin, and the 4 of us.  I went camera happy. I am so thankful for these people that fill our lives and our small apartment. They ate the pizza and made me laugh. Not so lonely this year right?
Let the carving begin.
Cuddling too.
Busy people
Erin making her hubby a UW pumpkin.
Sweets.
and more sweets.
Smiles
and more smiles.
Mild amounts of torturing the kidlets.
Here, have some raw pumpkin, Oliver!
How bout a hat?!
The wonderful Mrs. Batwoman Pedwell
and her hubby Jason “the rock” Pedwell
A couple of the final pumpkins.
I feel full.

No comments: