Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Peeks into my week

As I left the kitchen Sunday night to go to bed, I turned to survey the work to by done the next day and found myself staring at this little assembly of things on the counter. They remind me of several things I have to be grateful for. . .

Friday night flowers from the husband I adore who seems to also adore me.
After a long hard day at work he thinks of buying me flowers and a card.

Then there's the silly grass growing egg shaped things Erin sent to the boys that remind me of her (not in appearance per-se) but in the way she thinks of the boys. I can see her picking them up at the store and adding them to the box of other little things she knows the boys may or may not get a kick out of, still she sends and calls and keeps her little nicknames for the boys that I find heartwarming. And it's always the simplest little thing they have had so much fun with. I am thankful for the reminder that simple, basic and silly are good things. And having a sister like Erin is also a very good thing.

And then not to be forgotten, placed among the most important things, the flowers and gifts from Auntie Erin is the ever protective Buzz Lightyear. Space Ranger, Defender of the Universe. Reminding me that the two most wonderful little boys live in this house, tucked sweetly into their beds dreaming of their favorite toys I am sure.

Inside the house are all good things, aside from Mt. Hugolaundry. Outside however, there's a lake forming in my backyard. Wait, did we move back to Seattle and no one told me? Where have my parents and sister been hiding?!
And just because it made me laugh, our little sweet cheeks. He thinks he's hiding from us after his bath to avoid bedtime.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Hahaha! I love the picture at the end...that is funny stuff.