So as I type this, both boys are napping . . . kind of. They are actually half napping half coughing. I am listening to Carter cough so hard he is gagging. Water doesn't help. I already gave him Tylenol and Pediacare.
Yep, The nasty cough has hit our home and both boys have been feverish, crabby, tired and just plain sick since Monday night. The cough is going around town and many people have bronchitis. Every Quickcare is full of hacking sickies. I took them to the Dr. yesterday and they didn't give them anything except to take Tylenol and Carter can take Pediacare for his cough. Which isn't working.
The issue is that Carter coughs so hard that he is throwing up. Yesterday, he had a coughing fit during his nap and threw up so much I had to wash bedding, blankets, all stuffed animals, him and me. Plus his nap was cut short and that is worse when they are sick.
Camden can't take cough suppressants because of his age. They took them off the market, from what I understand, because parents were overdosing their children. One book said to give them honey . . . Camden is still too young for that and it wires Carter.
MY QUESTION IS: Does anyone have any suggestions to help ease a cough, good for a 20 month old and a 6 month old?



3 comments:
We've got the same cough going through our house. Besides Tylenol I've been running the humidifier in her room with a Vicks infused pad. It seems to help her sleep at least. I haven't tried honey-I read somewhere they want parents to wait until they are 2 now so I've been too scared.
So...no real solutions, just someone in the trenches with you.
I got an email once from my David that putting vicks on the bottom of the childs feet and then putting sock on when they are sleeping is supposed to work. I have no idea if this is actually true. It sounds really weird. who knows. Good luck though, I hate when the boys have coughs. David is old enough for those thin strips and those seem to work pretty well. Not sure what the age limit is on them.
Post a Comment