Saturday, April 12, 2008

Yep, we are still alive . . . . barely

Well, this will be a fast post as I am zonked and need to sleep. The last 2 weeks flew by due, in part, to two sick little crabby pants boys, a water heater exploding, a cat that ran away, a computer that crashed . . . literally, a husband that had to work late nights and now two sick crabby parents. 

It all started the day Erin left, the boys came down with that nasty cough everyone seems to have. Monday and Tuesday, Jeff worked very late so that left me to put the crabby sick boys to bed myself. Normally not a hard job but with the boys being less than cooperative it was a challenge. Then, that Wednesday we left for the Dr. and I left Picassa, our kitty, outside with the bug guy. I came home an hour later and no Picassa. I didn't think anything of it because sometimes she goes next door to the park. But after meeting that night she still wasn't home. . . . and has not been home since. Our other kitty is very lonely and so am I. I feel so guilty I left her outside and now she is lost . . . I keep hoping someone took her in.  Thursday, Jeff worked late again, Friday he woke up to take a shower and there was no hot water. Hmmmm, how could that be? Well, because all our hot water. 40 gallons of it. was on our garage floor.   Arrrggggg. Out of bed at 6:15 (only 15 minutes early but still) to help Jeff with the water heater. Called the plumber. A whopping $1200 to fix . . . . Jeff decided he would do it himself. Then the computer went haywire. I was on the phone with technical support and feeding Camden at the same time. He started coughing and then I thought he was chocking, so I jumped up, knocked his tray over and tried to catch it but in the process knocked the laptop to the floor and it was done. Guess, I didn't need technical support after all. Hung up with them and realized they charged me $50 for that call. Called them back and they reversed the charge. After the day I'd had, they couldn't say no. So by 9 o'clock that night we finally had hot water and 2 very tired boys needing baths and bed. . . . but now no computer. Hey, at least their bath water was warm. Jeff is so handy, I am impressed all the time by all the stuff he fixes around here.  Saturday, Jeff worked again. Same with Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night. Inventory this week at work. Thursday, Jeff and I both started feeling the "crud" coming on. Stuffy head, runny noses, YUCK! Friday was somewhat normal as he was able to join us at his parents for a BBQ at about 7:15. After having spent all week at inventory, their computers crashed and basically lost all their hard work and so all those late nights were for naught.  This morning we both feel icky still. I had a migraine worse than I ever had and Jeff let me stay in bed til 9:30.  I started feeling better other than the runny nose and stuffy head. But the boys are feeling much better. I got to clean the garage out today, sold a doublestroller and played with the boys. Spent some time out and about and so I think we are on the mend.  Should be looking up around here. Especially since my parents are coming next week and Jeff and I have our anniversary coming up. I will post pictures of the boys in the next day or so.

2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Nice! When it rains...it pours! Hope you are all feeling better!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your guys' week...that's way too many bad things to happen in a short amount of time. Patience...deep breaths...and coffee. And then more coffee ;-)