Monday, March 31, 2008

Weekend with Daddy

On Thursday Mommy and Auntie Erin took a little road trip to California.
Carter and I got to stay with Daddy all by ourselves!
I clearly heard Mommy's last words to Daddy... "just take care of the boys, NO PROJECTS."

Daddy heard "blah blah blah". Carter heard "build a shed".


So as soon as Daddy picked us up from day care Carter got to work on the foundation.


Luckily we soon ran out of daylight, and I was sure the project was done until after mommy returned. I wanted no part of this, and just watched from a distance.
But can you believe that by friday afternoon they were back at it?! Carter was working on putting up the walls...


By Saturday morning Carter was testing to be sure his lawnmower would fit. I realized this was a full on construction site, and they were not following mommy's request! Bad boys!



But as they say, "If you can't beat em, join em." Besides, Carter looked like he was having so much fun helping Daddy and I didn't want to be left out!


So I called a quick meeting with Carter, and took over as project manager.


I made Carter go back and check his work, seems he left some screws loose. We don't want Daddy to have a wobbly shed!

And in no time we had a shed for our toys! (maybe we can squeeze Daddy's lawnmower in somewhere.)

Did I mention Mommy came home halfway through on Saturday, and while she clocked us out for lunch break and nap time Daddy was able to get the whole thing done? Oh, except Mommy helped put the roof on, no way we could have reached that high on our own! What a good team we are. Sorry we didn't listen Mommy, but we sure had fun helping Daddy build the shed!
Next time you go away, can you tell Daddy not to build a tree fort??!

2 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

Too cute! That Camden sure is a good story teller!

Stvnprl said...

Cute, cute, cute!!! I love reading your tales!! Give those sweet boys a hug, even if they were "bad boys". We're so glad that the ending was good in the prior post..scarey!