Wednesday, January 16, 2008

A case of IBS

Normally this acronym stands for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
In our home it stands for Irritable Boy Syndrome.
Child #1 is responsible for testing just how far he can push me . . . and then see how much I love him all in one minute. Example: I have a broken finger (slammed it in the door in a rush to get to Sunday morning meeting) Carter knows Mommy has a booboo. He was a bit mad at me for changing his diaper (must be hard having a clean tushy) and looked at me, grabbed my bandaged finger and sqweeeezed as hard as he could with furry in his eyes. Why he gets so mad sometimes I haven't a clue and it seems to be happening more and more lately these little "on purpose" attempts to hurt me. So I promptly removed said monster from my finger and told him "That hurt, Mommy is sad now. When you are ready to say sorry you come find me. Until then time-out" I went into the next room and sat on the rocking chair folding laundry . . . in comes the tyrant. Lays his head on my leg, looks up with puppy dog eyes and says, 'saaawwwy mama" then smacks his pouty lips twice to give me a kiss. After that my finger felt much better but I am still at a loss for why the sudden attack.

1 comment:

Kay's Website said...

hey Jeff and Renee,

Its me Karissa you know Lori and Steve's daughter i have a blog www.karilove13.blogspot.com I've had it since Dec. 1st 2007.