Friday, March 30, 2007

Just a quick update . . . pictures later

This was a busy past week. . . Mom and Erin came to town. Lucky for me because Jeff had inventory at work and wasn't home that much. Sad for Mom and Erin to miss his handsome face but I really appreciated the extra hands. Carter is officially crawling and pulling himself up on things, only to crash down and look up at me like, "Mom, how dare you let me fall like that!" So, as usual my mom spoiled me with meals in the freezer for those nights I don't want to cook . . . (EVERYNIGHT???) and she planted new plants in our backyard which is slowly coming together. Erin and I shopped some and had a good time just watching Carter and his new found freedom.

In other news, the bun in the oven gave us a bit of a scare when the Dr. called and said my blood levels were off and she wanted me to go have an emergency ultrasound to check for a heart beat. I went to the specialist on Thursday (the next day) and the immediately called me back into the room to look for a heart rate. IT WAS PERFECT. 160 Beats, happy little baby waving at me. I cried like a giddy child. Then they sent me back out in the waiting room and told me they would do the other tests I had scheduled when it was my turn. It was nice they gave me peace of mind while I sat there and waited. An hour or more later, I went back for more tests. The Down Syndrome test and checking for brain function and proper blood flow, (all standard in high risk pregnancy) and everything was as it should be. Baby is growing beautifully. I measured at 12 weeks and 1 day. Then MY FAVORITE PART . . . Dr. asked if I wanted to know the sex. UMMMMM, Yeaaaaaa!!!!! We thought we wouldn't know until week 16 but he said he could tell. We got some great 3D Ultrasound pictures that I will try to post as well. AND NOW THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR . . . 90% chance Carter will have a little sister. Either way Jeff and I are happy. Our only requests are another happy, healthy baby. However, I think I made Mom and Erin's day, they are thinking PINK now. (Secretly so am I.)

I will try to post some pictures of Mr Carter soon.

5 comments:

Paula Jo said...

EXCITING news... That baby is ok and doing well. Also exciting that you and I have 90% girls in our growing tummies:) Hope all continues to go well. Hi to your Mom & Erin.

Anonymous said...

So much for the dream I had that it was a boy... I'M SO EXCITED!!! :D And really relieved everything is okay! Hurry up October...

Anonymous said...

Auntie Renee,
Everyday I have been secretly hoping that my new cousin would be a little girl! I am so excited - we are going to have lots of fun together!
Love,
Bree

Deana said...

I'm glad everything is okay! I'm sure Carter will love his little sister!

Jason, Sarah, Tristan, Wade, and Owen said...

Yes!! A girlfriend for Tristan!