Thursday, March 01, 2007

Events of the week . . . in short

1.) Went to visit my parents aka Grampy and Grammy in Seattle (and Auntie Erin of course). Had a wonderfully relaxing time, getting relief from the occasional feeding, diaper changing and night time bottle. Plus, getting some grown up time out with our bestest friends Dave and Elise, Eric and Johnny K who was visiting from Australia.

This was Carter's 3rd trip on an airplane (not counting the one to Canada when I was 6.5 months pregnant) The sweet old lady I sat next to on the flight up assured me it was no trouble to her to sit next to her, (she has 18 grandkids she said) until about 1 hour into the flight when Carter unleashed and she promptly stopped the flight attendant to ask for EAR PLUGS! Do her grandchildren have no vocal cords???? Carter calmed down and so did she. On the flight home however I boarded 1st, so whoever sat next to me it was their own fault. It ended up being two lovely ladies on a trip to an art convention in Vegas. Carter slept for an hour and then was entertained by these angels in the air who insisted on holding and playing with him for the duration of the flight. Carter and I agreed, it was the best flight ever!



No, Carter isn't wearing his own glasses. He just has an infatuation with pulling Daddy's glasses off his face and wearing them himself. He is also tugging at his mouth so we may see some teeth appear shortly.

2.) Carter has a new found love for boxes. This one entertained him most of the time in Seattle. It was an imaginary boat and toy chest, etc. Grampy pushed him all over the house in it.

3.) Birthdays are fun! Carter got to celebrate with his Grampy. Erin and I made quite the cake I might add.


4.) Lastly, I had my first experience with a heart attack . . . not literally, but close enough. My new phrase for the week is "No more Monkeys rolling off the bed!!!" I turned my back for 1 second (something I am always warning Jeff about) and what does Carter do? He attempts a 10 point high dive from the bed. I, envisioning a broken neck, leap like a spastic frog for him and thankfully catch him before he plummets to the floor. He ended up with a minor rug burn on his head from where he rolled out of my arms to the carpet. I, on the other hand, popped my shoulder out of it's socket and cried harder than Carter did. Carter's spot disappeared before the following morning, I'm still recovering . . .I'm just glad there were no trips to the hospital. But with Carter growing more and more active as the days pass I am sure there will be many more spills in our future . . . but not from the bed . . . he is floor bound now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That cake sure did smell good! Carter and I were very tempted to eat some while all of you were out to dinner. :)

Sorry that you hurt yourself...I hate to tell you but that made me laugh. I could just see you leaping across the room after him. I'm glad no one was hurt.