Monday, November 03, 2008

27

Carter William,
This month you decided that I am no longer Mommy, Mama, Moooommmay, rather I am now just Mom. Plain and simple, Mom. Like when you asked me this afternoon, "Mom, you call Daddy?" Yes, I will call Daddy, I replied. When I called him, you took the phone, and had a whole conversation with him all by yourself. This is how is went:
Carter: Daddy you at work?
Daddy: Yes buddy, I am working.
Carter: You drive forkwiff? 
Daddy: No not right now. 
Carter: You drive forkwiff and load up the trucks.
Daddy: Ok, I will go drive the forklift.
Carter: Go now. Go drive now and load 'em up!
Daddy: Bye buddy, love you.
Carter: Bye Daddy come home REAL soon, love you so much. 

This month we made it possible to stay home with you and Cam full time. No more work for me. So one day when you asked if you were going to Sandy's I said, "Nope, you are staying with Mommy all day" To which you gleefully said, "That makes Carter soooo happy!" and promptly threw the water bottle you were holding all over the floor.

Other moments that caught my eye:

You now refer to past events when you are playing with your toys. The firetruck you saw today and when you returned home you made siren noises as you drove every car, even your motorcycles. 

You play meeting now. You drive your little people bus into the living room and tell them, "time for meeting, get your bible." You then sing Tell Me the Story of Jesus and the chorus almost perfect. Then you pack up your little people and say, "Bye, thanks for coming, see you next time."It touches us that you are finding joy in the same things we do. 

You reminded me today that I needed milk and bananas at the store after overhearing me on the phone yesterday. 

You have preferences and demands like, " go to da park wiff da dinosaur." Or "come here, sit down, play wiff Carter. Right now!"

You also correct me now. I told you today we were going to the doctor. We pulled up to a familiar place and you said, "This isn't the Doctor, it's the chir-ow-pact-ere!"  And indeed it was.

So all in all, this month brought longer conversations, more demands, a talking grocery list, and corrections for dear 'ol Mom. It also brought those moments emblazoned on my heart forever. A conversation with Daddy that ended with "love you so much", a reminder that just getting to spend the whole day with me, MOM, makes you "sooo happy" and then hearing your little voice sing a hymn. A part of the chorus of that hymn says "write on my heart every word" You sing in your soft whisper, "write on my heart everywhere." And Carter, just for the record, staying home with you now makes ME sooo happy, and everyday you write on my heart EVERYWHERE.

Love,
Mom


1 comment:

Parents of Baby Beanut said...

Renee-Everytime I read these montly letters to your boys I cry because the boys are getting so big and also laugh at the adventures Dan and I have to look forward to with Miss. Kalia. The boys are becoming more and more there own person everyday! I think I am going to have to start this on my blog too...if that's ok? Glad to hear the bus has such a positive impact on them...maybe I will send them the van/suv for Christmas!!