Monday, June 23, 2008

We are gone . . .

Jeff whisked me away Saturday for a vacation . . . Ok, what actually happened was he was going to have to be away on business for the second week in a row and we missed him (aka, I needed help!) so we are tagging along. What happened last week is a blur . . . Jeff was gone Mon - Wed on business. Monday, Nora Jo was born and all the anticipation left me zonked. Tuesday, and Wednesday I just had to hold her, so I spent some much needed time with a new baby in my arms. I actually danced in the waiting room when we found out she was a girl, thank heaven no one caught that on camera! Friday was my birthday and the best ever! Great calls from friends, a new mattress (sounds like a silly gift but I was thrilled) and a pending (looming) trip to Anaheim for 5 days with the boys and one fully loaded Ford Expedition. Saturday, we arrived at the nicest Hyatt hotel I have ever stayed at. After 6+ hrs in the car, anything would seem nice but this truly was. We were right on the water and Carter loved watching the boats leave the Marina. Sunday, we went to the San Diego Zoo. The boys did very well, considering the heat and no nap. We hiked it all without fail, we got to see the Pandas (my favorite) the "oooo -ooo- a - a's" (monkeys) , "Pos" (hippos), giraffes, "effants" (elephants) and then it was over. The boys got a much needed nap in the car on the way to Anaheim. We did Downtown Disney. Saw "ICCKY Mouse" We wore them out! Today we are moseying around the hotel until Jeffy gets back, but then it's off to Newport beach to show the boys some sand and surf. Tomorrow, we will go see my grandparents and then my Uncle/Aunt/Cousins. Wednesday, back home. (Thursday and Friday: recovery mode, and posting pictures)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Late B-day Renee! I need to write everyones b-days down because I always forget! Did you get a text in the wee hours of the morning from Dan? The baby is coming, we got a text at 2am saying, "Baby is on the way". How fun! I can't wait until it is my turn to say that!!! Sounds like you are all having fun in the sun, enjoy the family time! Love to all!