Thursday, June 12, 2008

Missing this . . .

 When things feel hectic I remember that I'm going to miss these moments. Just like I miss high school and that being my only true responsibility. Though at the time I thought I had too much on my plate. I miss those 1st dates with Jeff and how I was only thinking about our next date together. I miss our 1st years married in our little apartment when there was little to worry about except who we were going to hang out with that evening. I miss when we packed up that little apartment and moved to Nevada, a world away from my family. Had I known we wouldn't move right back to Seattle like I expected, I would have savored moments like shopping with my sister or dinners at my parents. I complained so much those months that I am surprised Jeff didn't set me on the curb. I miss falling asleep next to the pool, and the burn I would whine about the next day. I miss feeling Carter kick inside my painfully huge belly. Though at the time I felt like I was being pummeled to death.  I thought of Amanda today, Monday she will become a Mommy of two. It wasn't so long ago that I was a Mommy of 1 still. I am already missing Camden as a newborn. So the teething, the fighting bedtime, the protest about leaving the park, will only be remembered as moments of cuddling, story time, and playing on the slides that soon I will want back.

I just love this song.


4 comments:

Mike, Amanda, Dane, and Nora said...

Guess who's blubbering like a baby right now?

Gina said...

This song always brings more than a tear to my eyes. It seems since I have become a mom this song and the one by Lonestar "let them be little" have felt like my mantra. Thanks for the sniffle ;)

Elaine said...

aw, you made me cry too like a big baby. Thanks for always saying it the best. You have such a way with feelings and words that everyone of us can relate too. Love,
e

Melissa O. said...

I cry everytime i hear this song. and I cried at your post too. I cried a couple times yesterday feeling like what you wrote. It was Kiera's birthday, she's 2!!! (DAZED)