These are the things I want to remember about the day you turned 22 months old. We went to Gymboree this morning. You pretended you were a monkey . . . the first real imitation/pretend play I've ever seen you do. You walked across a plank "tree branch" all by yourself and when you got to the other side you clapped and said, "Yeahhhhh meeee!" You played nice with another girl and she was quite taken with you which made you embarrassed. You stuck your little lips in and turn your head to the side when you get embarrassed which is new in the last week or so too. You have started yelling MAAAAMMMMA! when you want something, not in a demanding way, just a sort of, "Hey lady, I need you." More of a question than a demand. Like when you were looking at your fish tank and wanted me to stand right next to you. You said, MAAAAMMMAAA, close?" You have grasped the "idea" of sharing with Camden. You steal his toy but the replace it with something you can part with for a few seconds. You make Camden laugh like crazy. I can't make him laugh like that but you can just by giggling yourself. Tonight you have had a hard time falling asleep. This is your 4th night in a row, maybe the 2 year molars I spotted coming. Maybe the nightmare you had the other night. You learned how to get out of your room on your own and this makes night time a little harder for us parents. (You came down stairs on your own this morning too. You tiptoed very quietly which scared me to death. I thought there was someone in the house . . . no, just my sleepy eyed boy looking for some cuddles.) Tonight night you said, "Mommy lay down pillow," in a cute whisper and tucked your pillow under my head. You gave me your "wuvvy" (lovey) and scooted as close to me as possible. Then you said "tickle tickle" and tickled my cheek. I tried to hide a laugh as I was trying to fake sleep and wanted you to sleep badly too. But you picked up on it right away and this lead to 10 minutes of giggles from the both of us. I finally had to get serious and told you, Go to sleep Carter, to which you replied, "Nope, lay down Mommy. Lay down." I couldn't or we would be up all night, but I wanted to. Sweet dreams, silly goose.
Love, MMMMMAAAAAMMMA



3 comments:
I tagged you, so you have to go to my page and copy the questionarre. Have fun =)
I cry when I read these! I miss you guys. Love you lots!
Your stories make me excited to one day be a mom....I just love to read them. Love to all!
Post a Comment