Yesterday, I was waddling out of the grocery store and a truck stopped to let me crawl to my car . . . which by the way was parked in Egypt. (I.E. first stall in the lot) The shopping trip which would normally take 20 minutes had already taken an hour because of my slow pace and I hadn't had the energy to even do my hair that morning. I was hot and sticky and already tired at 10:00am.
Well back to the truck, I am scooting along this big truck and I hear the window roll down and out leans a woman and she yells, "You are the most adorable pregnant lady I've ever seen." I looked around but I was the only whale on site, I thought "Could she possibly be talking to me . . . Is she blind? . . . she can't be blind and driving right?" and she said " Yeah, you!" smiled and drove away.
I came home and looked up the word "Adorable" according to Webster's Dictionary, obviously I have not understood the meaning of this word my entire life. She could not have used adorable to describe me.
Yesterday, I was anything but adorable (meaning according to Websters: very attractive or delightful; charming) Here are a couple words that WERE in my vocabulary "exhausted, large, swollen, tubby, icky" Certainly, adorable doesn't fit alongside those.
However, all day, I smiled at the compliment, and every time I smiled Tater tot would kick and kick, as if to remind me HE is the reason I suddenly feel so very attractive, delightful; charming. I felt better, happier, not so tired and worn, not so nervous about that scary delivery, not so icky.
Moral of the story: Compliment random people randomly and it will stick with them all day, even the next day maybe. . . and they will post it on their blog. And they will FEEL adorable.
6 years ago



2 comments:
God surely sent the right lady to that parking lot today, didn't HE??Didn't know you were growing "tater tots" in your tummy!!
Love and prayers for tomorrow,
Grandma Jane
You are adorable inside and out! I've seen the pictures of you lately and thanks for the reminder of compliments. We could all use more! GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! Thinking lots about you guys.
Post a Comment