Wednesday, Carter came home from Preschool with the usual crafts and then there was this....
They made an egg out of clay and the teacher took their picture to attach at the top. She said, "He just kept smiling like that...I tried 4 times....." I think it's hilarious.
Saturday night, coloring eggs.
Snacking on Goldfish while they "died" the eggs. Carter wanted to know why the eggs died. I tried to explain the difference between die and dye.....with no success.
About 3:20 am Easter morning right before I went to bed. Yes, I know I was up way too late. Jeff stayed up too, to help get ready for the big lunch the next day.
Bright-eyed and bushy tailed 7am in the morning. This refers to the subject of the photo, NOT the photographer.
Cam came strolling out about 20 minutes later and looked through his basket.
Then they disappeared, this is where I found them reading their new Easter books.
Laughing up a storm.
We went to meeting, then had company come over.
The Lennox Family.
Another shot of us.
The Nielson Family.
I can't believe the twins will be ONE in 2 weeks.

Bill and Trenton
Emma and Sara
Cam and his loot.
The hunt is on. We filled 24 eggs each for the kids, each kid had their own color. Carter was purple, Cam was orange. This made it easy to give all the kids a fair amount of eggs and each one got roughly the same amount of candy.
"I found one!"

He was showing me his bucket was getting full.
The funny thing about this picture is that he's not using his Easter basket. He is using the bucket he totes all his cars around in. And Yes, all his cars are at the bottom of the bucket.
He can't leave them for 1 minute.
Carter paused for 1 second so I could take a picture, he was quite serious about getting his eggs.
Miss Emma
Some of the desserts.

Lunch

Kids checking out their loot.
The boys playing with Andrew. Or maybe we should say the boys using Andrew as a jungle gym.
Bryce, Trenton and Carter

Renee and Emma giving loves.

It was a good day.
One little thing from the day before. Carter brought home from preschool a little basket from his teacher, in it was a cross. He told me that "some mean soldiers nailed Jesus to the cross." I told him that was right. He said he was "sad because that was hurting Jesus." I agreed wanting to hear where this was going. Then he said, "Well, I'm going to get big and strong and then I will get Jesus off of that cross."
Melt my heart.



2 comments:
Melts mine, too :)
Looks like a great day! We are coming there next year...our family was super lame and didn't do a thing together. :(
Post a Comment