What is it about your little expressions this month that leaves me thinking of you long after we have tucked you in, all snug with your lovey and two blankies?
The smirk, where you tip you head forward and squint your eyes and grin. You do this when someone gives you a BIG smile. Which happens often. I think it embarrasses you maybe and you try to hide the sheer joy you feel by squinting your eyes. Like "if I can't see you, you can't see me." But I know it elates you that someone is giving you their attention and you respond with this toothy grin.
Then there is the "Daddy's home from work" smile. Your blue eyes literally light up and you reach your little hands for him and say, "Daddy, upppppy uppppy uppppy", with a smile that NO ONE could resist. You wiggle out of my arms to get to him, not because you don't like me (you are quiet the Momma's boy) but the excitement you must feel makes you want to jump to the moon, at least that's how it looks.
Of course, you also developed a "only for Carter giggle" this month. When Carter makes a loud noise or throws something and laughs, you laugh along with him. A shriek of pure thrill then a giggle from somewhere deep in your belly. A "should we be doing this" laugh. And then you copy whatever Carter is doing, and look over your shoulder at me with a silly purse lipped grin.
Well, there is also the smile when you and Carter are dancing. Silly, wide mouthed, eyes almost closed just bopping along to the beat. You clap your hands and bop your little butt and I laugh every time.
Carter argued with me last week that you weren't his brother, but his friend. You do have that way about you. Even at 14 months, people are drawn to you. You will have many friends, I am sure of that. All these smiles and giggles, a daily occurrence are part of the reason I love you. Why I get up in the morning. To witness the light of my life and his smiles.
Love you.
Momma



No comments:
Post a Comment