Tuesday, September 23, 2008

The Perfect Man, The Perfect Trip



These are going to be a little out of order. 
Saturday we went to the Metropolitan Art Museum.
For those who don't know, I am an art freak. I love love love museums, specifically impressionism, paintings from 1700 to 1900. We found just that at the Met.
One of my favorite sketches by Degas.
Sunday night we had an incredible dinner at Buddakan, an Asian inspired restaurant. It is quite popular so we actually ate at about 10:15 to avoid the crowds. It worked out perfect, a subway ride to the Meatpacking District, a small walk and walla! a perfect restaurant tucked in a trendy brick building. 
And of course, I had to have a picture with some men in uniform. This town is perfect for me. 
Jeff the stockbroker (not exactly) on Wall Street.
And the sign at the florist shop down the street from the Grand Hyatt where we stayed which explains why Jeff isn't a stockbroker.
Another random picture of the Met Museum. Jeff was as interest in the Art museum as I was on Wall Street. Ho-hum, trying to look interested at least.
Saturday night a boat ride around the Hudson to see the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Brooklyn Bridge, Jersey city and the New York skyline.
A snapshot from our ride. The middle condo tower, top floor, is owned and occupied by Leonardo DiCaprio. Martha Stewart also dwells here. (Well, not in the same condo)
In all her glory.
Sunday morning, we took a walk by ground zero and the marina at Battery Park, and another shot of the Statue of Liberty.
Sunday we walked around Greenwich, Soho and NYU. Not many shots of this, we tried to not look too touristy, until I had to get a shot of another fire truck for Carter. 

Jeff in Central Park Saturday morning.
Very popular benches along the trail at Central Park. Several movies filmed here. So I posed for the camera too.
As did Jeff. 

Subways in New York are great. We actually navigated around the whole city with ease. No wrong trains,  no muggings, nothing "scary" as I thought it would be.

So I am a little biased but I believe I have, hands down, no questions asked, the best husband in the entire world. A husband so great that he thinks up a trip to New York for 4 days, just me and him, a little escape. A trip including a babysitter flown in from Seattle so I would be sure my babies were in perfect care (Thank you Erin), a day of shopping/pampering before we left, A phone call to a certain employer to ensure I would be free, a limo pick up at the airport and a funny story to go with it, Phantom of the Opera, a boat ride around the city, Wall Street, Central Park strolls, Grand Central Station, Twin Tower Memorial, Empire State Building, The Met Art Museum, Times Square people watching, Tackling/Braving the Subway (Bus system, pedicab, taxicab, you name it, we did it transportation wise) Dinner at Buddakan and Lots of Shopping. A husband so great that he thought of everything to make me happy. And even though I found out about the surprise a week before I should have, I was surprised by his extensive planning and attention to detail. I shouldn't be surprised, after all this is the same man who proposed on the beach with a message in a bottle. His middle name is "Surprise.Perfect.Romance." and I am married to him. Yup, Jeffrey "Surprise.Perfect.Romance" Shepherd is my husband. Eat your heart out.  

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Awesome pics! Looks like fun times had.

Anonymous said...

What at wonderful picture of "Lady Liberty"!! The others are good, too!!

Elaine said...

Wow I'm impressed!!! Looks like a great time and a well deserved trip for such a great Mommy.

Their Giant said...

Wow, I'd like to give your husband my husband's email address so he can pass on some tips. Holy cow. Looks like the perfect trip :)