Well yes, that is what I call you lately. Today you turned 7 months old. 7 months! I think it was yesterday that you were kicking my belly from the inside. Now, when I change your diaper you kick your legs like crazy and scoot yourself up, pushing off my belly from the outside to get out of my reach. Auntie A only has 8 weeks left before her 2nd baby is born and I feel like that was me waddling around not that long ago with you pushing your tiny hands and feet all over my ribcage. It was Daddy's 30th birthday today and we spent it at convention. You gave him the best present I believe, smiles that melt your heart with the slightest bit of white peeking from your bottom gums. Giggles that feel like sunshine on a perfect summer day. Blue eyes that look like the tropical ocean we hope to take you to some day. This was the last day of a 4 day convention and you are about done. Sitting is not an option, rather you want to jump and jump on our laps or while we walk you around. Our arms are spent with all 19 lbs of you but we hesitate to set you down. I want to hold you and kiss you and cuddle my last baby boy. Our baby, you are growing every second and for my own selfish reasons I wish you could just stop. Yet everyday is something new. You reach for our faces with slobbery little hands and smile when you catch our cheeks. Last night, we had to stop at Target and get you another Jumperoo for Loren and Shanda's house so you could do that jig you love so much. You are rolling over with pure glee and still don't really enjoy being on your tummy unless I am right there on mine looking at you. You can sit on your own for 3 or so minutes but then topple over to your side. Maybe you will crawl this month. You giggle uncontrollably at Carter when he screams "BOOOO" at you. I know you will be great friends one day. You sit backwards in your car seat and Carter faces forward so you have the perfect view of each other. Carter loves to say "Wake up Baby Cammmen" when you drift off peacefully to sleep as we drive home. You are becoming opinionated about what you like and don't like. You don't like when I leave the room, you don't like peas, you don't like the vacuum, you love Daddy, you love Carter, you like sweet potatoes and bananas, you love the cats, specifically their tails. And I love you, specifically this fairy tale called life where I get to watch you grow.
I love you, like Carter loves fruit snacks. The way he has to "have have" them everyday, the greatest of treats, sweet and special and to be savored.
Mommy



No comments:
Post a Comment