Saturday, May 03, 2008

21

Dear Carter,
I'll admit, I got this idea from another blog. A letter to you, a marker of what you did the day you turned 21 months old. We were at convention today. You said, "meetin time" and ran to sit down. It's hard to have you sit for 5 hours a day. We break up the time looking at "tactooor" (tractor) books and playing with a farm animal puzzle where you like to shout out the sounds the animals make like, MOOOO! BAAAAA! NEEEEIGH! OINK! but a little too loud for meeting. You love fruit snacks and suckers and they keep you occupied for at least 10 minutes. You smile your cheesy smile and look up at me with those hazel eyes that are hard to resist. Wednesday, you fell at daycare and hit your eye. You have a very large black eye so now your cheesy smile and hazel eyes are even harder to resist when you look like you where beat up. Unlike last month, unprompted, you say, "Thank you, Momma, pwweeese!" when you need something. You love "Cocca Milk", your "buddy Dane" and when we arrived at Loren and Shanda's house on Wednesday, you undoubtedly announced, "My Loren!" You have turned into our rough and tumble little boy, yet while we read books to you tonight before bed, you were soft and cuddly and gave Daddy kisses before saying "Nigh Night Momma. Kisses Baby Cammmen."
Night Night Buddy. Kisses my sweet Carter.
Love,
Momma

3 comments:

Nicole Reid said...

What a great idea! I may have to "borrow" that one myself!

Elaine said...

AW, what a sweet little boy! Yes, I agree and I might have to "borrow" that idea sometime too.

Gina said...

Now that is one of the sweetest posts I've read in a long time. Made me a bit treary. I think this will serve well to re read when he is like 15 or so ;).

We have conv. in a few weeks and I am looking forward to it so much and in a way dreading simply because of the restlessness of a 23 1/2 month old.