Sunday, October 24, 2010

Embracing Mommyhood

More to come . . . no, not like "to be continued". . . like there is more to come in our lives, more that I need to starting soaking up everyday.

More moments that I can't let slip through the cracks.

More that I need to embrace and watch and listen to.

I get so caught up in the "getting things done" that I forget about the moment.

My sister in law said, on the day we got married, that I needed "to take a step back and soak up every moment, it goes so fast."

I find myself feeling this way in regards to the "Big boys" that have replaced my once little babies. Since when did the chubby blond baby who smeared spaghetti in his hair start asking or "privacy" when he goes potty? Or the skinny colicky baby decide he can make cupcakes "all by myself!" Days pass slowly but the years are flying by. It is rushing by at lightening speed, and I don't want to miss a thing.

So here's to embracing the moments, soaking it up and savoring every minute. It's flying by. (sniff sniff)

1 comment:

Aunt Joan said...

O my dear you have no idea how time flys. My Earl is a teenager now. Like my mom (grandma) always says now you know how I feel. So yes enjoy those special times now and remember them fondly the past ones, you will have many.

Love and Blessing, Aunt Joan