Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wedding Day

A week ago today, 8/7/2010, my sister got married at 3:00 in the afternoon.
Here is a timeline of the special day.

Erin left at 8ish to get her hair done, I took her flowers and breakfast at the salon and headed to Melinda's with Nicole to get our hair done. I told Nicole I would pick her up at 8:15, I showed up at 9:15, already an hour behind and the day just started.

In Melinda's salon.
Melinda doing Nicole's hair. Melinda is a wonder. Hair done within an hour or so. Including her own, 3 girls hair in an hour, amazing!
Back on schedule, Nicole looking pretty.
Back to the salon at 10:45 to check in on the bride.
Is she getting nervous????
Nope, cool as a cucumber. Just a couple minutes behind at this point. But that's what happens when you decide to have your hair, not just styled, but colored too.
Made it to the church, makeup was done in the car, so far so good.
Melinda started Madison's hair.
Pretty flower girl in her dress.
Meanwhile Erin and the other bridesmaid's got into their dresses.
Madison's hair is done, Erin is in her gown, So are the bridesmaids. Time for pictures.
It's 1 o'clockish.

Last minute touch ups before picture time.
Grandmother and Mother of the Groom all done up.

Maddie and Halsey.
The Groom waiting to see the Bride.
Everyone watching the Groom waiting to see the Bride.
She came down the stairs and he wasn't allowed to look back until the photographer said.
Aren't they stunning!?
Proud Mamas.
I just loved watching their excitement in this moment, so much so that I didn't catch Matt seeing Erin for the first time. Though I'm pretty sure he was happy with what he saw, they did get married after all.....


Chapel windows from the outside
The happy Dads.
Dave happy that Matt got so lucky, Bill happy Erin is finally moving out.....haha.
Derrick and Melinda waiting for pictures and the ceremony to start.
Time check, 2:00pm.
The boys all studly and handsome. As much as I was thanked that day for my help at the wedding I have to mention that Jeff did his equal share. He single handily got two rowdy boys in tuxedos. Fed, bathed, snacks, though their faces don't show it exactly, they were happy too. I was told I looked "BEE a U tee full". I think Jeff had a hand in that little phrase too. The silent knight, charming his way all over the place.
Along with getting the boys as handsome as possible, Jeff also looked beyond handsome as always.
Family came from far and wide, the joy couldn't be any bigger.
Though I didn't get a picture of it, Sara (in the middle) walked into where we were getting ready and Erin took one look at her and started to sob. Tears of joy at seeing her BEST BUDDY. When we were little we spent tons of time with our only cousins. Our best childhood friends happen to be family too. Erin's tears summed it up, just plan happiness at seeing them on this special day.
30 minutes to go, they look relaxed don't they?
Calm, cool and collected....
.....Then Erin decided she had to pee, then she said never mind, Then it was 3 o'clock and she changed her mind again. We ran to the restroom, as we came back around the corner we realized the bridal party was already starting down the aisle. Who would start a wedding without the bride? There's punctual and then there's just plain silly.

3:00 and 30 seconds, here comes the bridal party.
But we made it.....
The boys came down the aisle wonderfully,
so did the flower girls....
Then Cam wanted to see Daddy, and go potty, so the pictures stop here.
(I'm sure other's got good ones)
And they were married, not these kids, they were zonked.
But Matt and Erin, aka the newlyweds, were upstairs living it up.
Time check 4:45 pm
The quilt, hanging in the reception hall.
Bridal table placed in front of a cloudy rainy sky.
Sad clouds, happy day.

This kid talked about "Auntie Erin's party cake" for days.
All wedding day it was, "when can we have cake?"
I'm surprised he didn't go lick the cake when we walked in.
But alas, he got his cupcake, crystal sprinkles and a comfy seat on Dave's lap.

The cake was cut, bouquet tossed, garter lost, replaced with a headband, some dancing, certain people had some tequila, and the night was over.
and she still looked stunning.....
But she wouldn't LEAVE....... After she hugged me three times, Matt and the rest of the bridal party sang a very loud off key "Don't Stop Believing" , the town car arrived and waited, candles were blown out, centerpieces given away, she just wouldn't go.....
The golf cart drove them to the town car which was waiting at the front of the building and she tried to come back in!
I LOVE this picture because she looks so cute, and then there is my hand.
My NO YOU CAN NOT COME BACK HAND, My GO HOME, The Party is OVER hand.
I wish I had audio. Man, I'm a bossy sister, but the town car was not going to wait any longer, and seriously everyone else had left.
So home they went together as husband and wife. And all their friends followed.
I picked them up the next morning at 5:15 am to go to the airport for their honeymoon.
5 men still in tuxedos passed out on their living room floor, the best man snoring on the couch, 2 girls somewhere, and still on 2 hours sleep Erin smiling and ready to be off to Punta Cana.
And forever after began.....

1 comment:

Nicole Reid said...

SO bummed we missed it! We are very excited you'll be moving to Seattle though. Think we'll actually be able to have a playdate? Maybe poker night with your parents!