Friday, July 09, 2010

To Jeff, With Love



The smile on my face should say it all. I am so happy at this point in my life. I am especially thankful and glad for my best friend, he happens to be my husband too. When I think I couldn't fall in love with him more, I turn around and he winks at me, or smiles, or maybe he's quietly reading to the boys, maybe he's playing baseball with them, maybe he's calling me to tell me he just came in 3rd at a golf tourney, or he's playing tickle torture with Carter, or he's praying with the boys at bedtime. Maybe it's when he texts me to just say, Hi Love. Maybe it's because he thinks he's the lucky one. More than the perks of a Crate and Barrel table, trips to New York, new sewing machines he buys with only me in mind, it's the day to day dependability and trust interwoven into our marriage. The genuine love for each other and knowledge that I wouldn't want it any other way. I adore him, he adores me. I am so grateful.

No comments: