6 years ago
Wednesday, December 05, 2007
Seriously . . .
Sometimes being a mom is beyond challenging. I have a new found respect for my own mom who always seemed to have it together. I on the other hand am on the verge of insanity today. It started about 3:00am, up and down the stairs 5 or 6 times. Camden refusing to sleep. Jeff put him in bed with me sometime around 6:45 where he slept until 7:30 when Carter also awoke. Both demanding my attention simultaneously. Diapers were changed, Carter was given his usual sippy cup of milk and cup of Cheerios. I proceeded to feed Camden and looked up to find Carter taking a handful of chewed up soggy Cheerios out of his mouth and rubbing them into the carpet. Why you ask? He was helping mommy clean for meeting of course. (That's sarcasm) After I finished with Cam I started cleaning the now dried ground in Cheerios from the carpet. Meanwhile, Camden is lounging in his bouncy seat and Carter has become awfully quiet. I turn the front room corner to find him standing on the kitchen table trying to grab the kitty sitting in the window 2 feet away. I remove him from said table and remind him "tables are not for climbing on." I pat myself on the back for not freaking out yet about the Cheerios and table climbing as it's only 9:00 am. 9:00 ahhhh the wonderful breakfast time. Carter is like an alarm clock, 9:00am hits and its "eat eat eat" which he uses a tone more like" now now now" I put him in his seat and he has a yummy breakfast of pancakes, banana and milk. All seems to be well. I vacuum the remaining Cheerios mess and Carter starts his usual DONE DONE DONE song. I clean him up, and he starts playing in an empty diaper box with his motorcycle and train. Cam has become fussy and requires some love, a happy moment in my day. But I can't calm him, now he's screaming, I fly through the living room like I'm a ballet dancer trying to calm the cries. He burps and all is well again. I go to the kitchen to start cleaning breakfast dishes and then to put some water in the fridge and I hear coughing from Carter. Poor guy got the sniffles on Saturday's train ride and now it's draining into his throat giving him a slight cough at times. I then notice the cough is increasing in intensity and I proceed around the corner just in time to catch projectile vomit on my feet. Then again in the box he was playing with, then on the train, I put my hands out . . . like I'm going to catch it . . .!!!! . . . that didn't work so I scoop him up to get more lovely puke down the front of me, then down my back because in an effort to not get it all over the front of me I move him mid spew and the rest ends up down my back. We make it to the bathroom sink and I realize that is no help. I turn on the shower and check out Carter, trying to figure out what the sudden barffest is about. He seems fine . . . then again maybe not. Pukes again. 5 times in 5 minutes, that's a record. I realize on the last hacking he is actually gagging on lovely phlegm and it kept making him wretch. After having just eaten breakfast it all easily came back up. Yum, regurgitated Cheerios, milk, banana and pancakes. Good thing I hadn't had a chance to eat breakfast yet, as my gag reflex kicks in at that point. So we showered for 45 minutes, trying to clear the smell from our noses and icky feeling from our bodies. I let Carter play a little more in the shower while I cleaned up the hallway and bathroom and started loads of wash that will continue into the night. Camden is now screaming. I can't pick him up for the mess between me and him and Carter still in the shower needing supervision. Not to mention a wet heavy towel on my head because I won't get to brush my hair before it dries in a tangled mess. I manage to get a little organized, calm Camden and get Carter at least diapered before he runs off to play . . . . in the box of vomit and towels and smelly clothes I left in the hallway waiting to be washed and thrown out. Back to the shower. Jeff calls to ask how the day is going. I want to reach through the phone and . . . and . . . and .. .throw up on him to tell you the truth. I'm on the verge of melt down. Keep in mind I am supposed to be getting the house ready for Wednesday night meeting. Ha! Ok, now it's 11:00 and chaos is diminishing. Carter says night night and that's my cue to take him to his room for nap time. We are settling down when I hear Camden starting up again. Back down stairs, grab Cam and back upstairs to put Carter down. Carter now doesn't want to nap, I insist, I need nap time today. He starts screaming at me. I say "time for night night, see you in awhile, I love you." As I shut the door Carter says, "UVVVV YOU NIGH NIGHT. " So seriously. . . . I'd get pucked on all day for that one moment. (But don't ask me to volunteer for it tomorrow)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Hope Carter is doing better! Sorry your morning started out so rough- did the day improve at all? For all you others reading this, don't let this blog fool you! Renee is an amazing SUPERMOM! You should see her carry around those two boys like she's been doing it all her life!!
Oh Renee, I so sympathize. I remember when mine were young, although there were nearly 5 years between the two, so they weren't both in diapers at the same time. My oldest just turned 25, and so I speak from experience that, as difficult as this day has been, you will laugh about it later; I promise! This is a precious memory for their baby book, and when they're 25, you can show it to them, and tell them that they SO owe you a nice present! LOL
Hugs to you,
Karen (a lurker) :-)
oh man, I can relate to those days and I'm sure hoping it turned out better. We've had a few of those days lately. Take care of yourself! P.s. Mallory absolutely loved the shower video of Carter.
VERY WELL SAID! I couldn't decide if I wanted to cry or grin. I'm there with you! We live for nap times and the loves we get, amazing how it makes everything better. Hang in there... sending you big hugs!
oh, I wish I could just give you a big hug. I've had mornings exactly like that. Kiera and Emily are almost exactly the same age difference.
KNOW THIS: You not alone in feeling like you're on the brink. Mornings like that keep coming, but thankfully fewer and farther between. You gotta love those little UVVVV YOU's, and at the perfect moment.
Oh, boys....you're supposed to be making me feel like 2 boys 14 months apart is a piece of cake! Sounds like the joys are still better than the sorrows, though. :) Can't wait!!
Sounds like quiet the day...you are an amazing mom!
Post a Comment