Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Story of the Little Girl Who Grew a Penis . . .

Yep, you guessed it. An ultrasound today revealed a little more than we expected. Our little girl decided she'd rather be a boy. I guess you can never count on 90%. We are very happy that Carter will have a brother. Double trouble. Bunk beds. Soccer games. No weddings to pay for! Send back the pink bedding, more blue coming our way.

The Ultrasound tech was scanning the baby when all of a sudden I saw something that looked out of place. (Pictures to follow shortly) She said, oh so sweetly, "Do you know what you are having?" I thought, "Well, yeah. The Dr. said last time it was a girl." But as obvious as it was I responded, " Well, that's certainly a boy." No mistakes, our thoughts of pink ribbons and lacey dresses quickly changed to race cars and fire trucks. The Dr. came in and confirmed the obvious. (He was certain he had told me only 80%) I remember a figure like "between 80 and 90%." But it doesn't matter now, we are having another boy!!! Good thing we found out before Erin and I painted the nursery..... which was planned for this weekend by the way.

Anyway, the little guy measured just on target 18 weeks and 1 day. "Healthy, good heart, brain function, good organs, no deformities, active" I have to admit the word "Healthy" was all I wanted to hear. Girl. Boy. . . . doesn't matter. Healthy. . . . 10 fingers, ten toes . . . squirming around . . . music to my ears.

2 comments:

Paula Jo said...

I guess it is better you know now than when baby comes out! I'd have to say you set a bit of fear in my body with your experence... well at least the walls are green in our nursery :) I'd have to say it's cheaper to have two of the same. Although we would have also enjoyed having a boy! My new moto you get what you get and you will LOVE what you get. Glad all is going well. take care. Hope Jeff had a happy birthday!

Anonymous said...

poor kid is gonna come out all confused. he's been hearing "she" and "her" and "carter's little sister" for the past month. good story to tell to any future girlfriends of his that you don't like.